I will just start in order. 1st Shea and I took a trip to NYC and Boston in March. It was so much fun, although we got quit a lot of looks; two blonds, both pregnant, on vacation, and also Shea looking so dang young didn't help us out. People just stared at us the whole time. We first went to Boston and did the Freedom Trail and hit all the exciting historical spots. There is so much history in this town and what a fun and beautiful place to visit. We were there for two days and then headed to Connecticut where we stayed two more days with Shea's nanny family the Quinn's. They are such wonderful people and they have two of the cuties children I have ever seen. (Shea was there nanny for almost 2 years). We went into NYC and watched a Broadway, "West Side Story" it was so wonderful the singing and dancing was amazing. We also checked out some of Shea's favorite spots and then headed back to CT. and the next day we did some rest and relaxation, pedicures and manicures late breakfast, things like that. It was all so great and Thank you Shea for coming up with the idea and once again Joe and Sheila THANK YOU SO MUCH.
EASTER Was a great day, wished it had been a little warmer but oh well, we still had a great egg hunt and a wonderful dinner with Lane and Sue and the girls. (Aunts thanks for the great egg hunt, the kids enjoy it so much). It is always great to have a holiday to help us remember our Savior, Jesus Christ and all that he has done for us. I need to try harder to remember him each and everyday, and keep his spirt with me always.
California
We had a horse sale in Auburn, CA. on April 17th. It went well although the head count was down a little. The weather was amazing and we all got sunburned a little. We took some horses out to our friends Shady and Cathy to purchase and the day we got there Sarah and Nate (Jared sister and her boyfriend) rode two of the biggest ones we brought out for them, I took a picture because they looked so dang cute on these big horses together. It was a fun trip but me missed Susan and Jenny not being with us.
S.P.R.I.N.G.
It is such a wonderful time of year. Babies everywhere and here are just a few of ours.
Also Fred (our favorite mule in the whole world, that is 40+ years old) needed a little help shedding his winter coat. Jared was brushing him off and Fred enjoyed it so much he really got into it. I'm putting this video on because it is so funny, and we love Fred so much, he has been everyone of our children's first mount. We hope he survives one more baby. .
Spring Break
For spring break this year, Jared had to stay pretty close to home, so the kids and I went to dad and mom's house in Arco, ID. for the week. It was so much fun. Dad and mom treat us like kings and queens why we are there and we were lucky to have Uncle Bret there at the same time. He and the boys rode there horses everyday and got some fun pictures of there adventures. They also enjoyed the 4 wheeler and Lady (mom's dog) very much.
LAVA HOT SPRINGS
Since JP didn't get to go to Arco, with us we decided for SEP Conference we would take the kids on a short family trip for a few days. So we packed up and went to Lava Hot Springs in Idaho. It was so much fun, and was very relaxing. We stayed in a motel which is always fun for kids. We took them to an indoor pool that had a climbing wall and diving boards and hoops and all sorts of fun stuff. The next day we went to the Hot Pools, they were amazing, all fresh mineral water that ranged from 115 degrees to 100 degrees. All natural and very comfortable. We also took the kids to a museum, trader shops and lots of cool monuments. It was a blast and we loved taking time just for our family. We need to do it more often.
Sue's Big Day!!
Susan had a big day this month, the girls and I put together dinner for her and we celebrated her turning the big "30"!!! We served her fried fish nugget & salmon appetisers. Steak and salmon with potato bar and steamed cabbage and a salad, and for her birthday desert we made her hot fudge brownie sundaes. Sue is such a wonderful mother, wife and GRANDMA, that we really like to try to make her special day, wonderful for her! We love you Sue.
It has been a wonderful past few months and we have enjoyed the beautiful Cache Valley Spring weather (snow, rain, heat, all in the same day). We need the moisture and are thankful for it when ever we can get it. We have also been busy planting. Grandma, Sue and I have started a orchid at the ranch, we planted 16 fruit trees, grapes, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, asparagus, artichokes and are waiting for the ground to warm up before we start our veggie gardens. So excited to see and eat the out come of our hard work.
Also our babies due date is right around the corner and we are looking forward to having a new little one in the house. The pregnancy is going well and we are still taking guesses/bids on what it will be. Names are still up in the air (boy or girl), JP is being very stubborn about the names and it might end up in a fist fight in the hospital (haha). Less then 8 weeks to go and we are all so excited.



Always exciting at the Parker house. What a cute little I mean big family. ha ha I'm glad you and Shea got to go on vacation. Wish I could have been there with you. Love ya
ReplyDeleteWow! You have been busy! Your little trip with Shea looks so fun!
ReplyDeleteLOVE all the pictures! Who watched all the kids when you were gone with Shea? I bet it was nice to get a way for a little break. Your summer is probably only beginning to be busy! Can't wait to find out what your having? What's your guess-they say the mom always knows. I'm not sure I can believe that anymore though bc I was sure Krista was a boy!
ReplyDeleteGirl's trips are the best! Looks like you and Shea had a wonderful time. I think my family needs to go horse back riding with yours.
ReplyDelete