Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, March 11, 2010

February "2010"

This month has been a little more laid back. Taxes are done and we are now ready to move onto the next office project. Our ewes started lambing on the 12th and we only have one more ewe to go. The lambs are bigger this year and we hope to have some good fair lambs. (I don't have any pictures yet but will post some soon). We bought a small herd of early calving cows this fall and they have started to calf out, but the majority of our big herd will not start having their babies until June.


We also had another ultrasound and everything is going well with the new addition. No we don't find out what we are having so we will let you know as soon as we know.

We have been doing a lot of sledding lately but am I'm thinking that is coming to an end, since the snow is melting, and the weather getting warmer. Get in as much family fun time as we can!!!


Valentines Day is always fun. Grandma Marilyn came over to celebrate with us, and we had our traditional dinner and celebration. JP surprised me the weekend before with a night on the town and nights stay at the Honeymoon Suite here in Logan. It was a great Valentines gift, and was so wonderful to spend time with just him. He is an awesome husband-father, and I love him very much. Thanks JP.




Ty and Virgil also had there Blue and Gold Banquet this month. The theme was "100 years of Scouting in America". They got to bring someone from their family that has been in the Service. They got to show off Grandpa Rasmussen and for his years of service in the Navy. It was pretty cool. We also went to Boise, Idaho this month for a 3 days, EL Meeting (Ranching for Profit School). We have made so many good friends that help us run a more profitable ranch and support us in our many new endeavors. We don't have much time for playing during our time in Boise, so I never pack my camera, but the next time I go, I'm bringing it so I can get some fun pictures of the gang. They are some of our closest friends and we love them and thank them for their help and support.

While I'm posting, I'm going to move into March a little bit. This past weekend, Virgil and I along with Shea and Lori went on a road trip to Spokane, Washington to see Tate my nephew be baptized (Virgil and Tate are the same age and are very close). It was so special to be there with Tate on his exciting day and it was fun to spend time with the rest of the kids also. There is a picture of all the boys getting ready for an air soft gun war, Virgil is 2nd from the right. Marley and Mae are growing up fast. Marley just turned 2 on the 4th of March and Mae celebrated her 1st birthday while we were all there on the 7th. We had so much fun. The picture with Me, Virgil and Tate the boys were being silly, I couldn't get a picture where they were both serious, so I choose the one were they were both goofy. ALSO Thanks Roger and Maria for letting us come and visit. Roger thanks for putting up with the Hen House! haha









So that has been our February in a "Nut Shell". When I get some pictures of our baby lambs and some pictures of Dad with the boys at the Blue and Gold Banquet, I will post them. Love ya all and hope all is well with your families.

1 comment:

  1. I was so bummed that I didn't get to do the road trip with you all, but so glad you got to spend time with Tate on his special day. No wonder I don't see you very often, you guys are busy having fun. Love ya

    ReplyDelete

Our Six Children

Our Six Children