Family Picture

Family Picture

Friday, July 23, 2010

"Roanie Jane Parker"

Sorry it has taken me so long to post about our new arrival, but here it is.

Roanie Jane was born on June 23rd, 2010 at 3:32 pm. She was 7 lbs. 10 oz. and 19 inches long. I had a doctors appointment that morning and he told me that I was a 4+ and I was already having contractions 4-5 minutes apart, so he wanted to keep me, but I told him that I wanted to labor at home as much a possible, since I was doing it natural without any medicine, he still didn't want to let me go but I told him I would be careful and would come back to the hospital as soon as the contractions got bad. Jared had all the kids and he told me to go home and rest up, because today was the day, but how can you rest knowing you are in labor. I worked on the computer, spic and spanned my house, worked in the garden, un-tangled a roll of hot wire, played some games on my computer and about 2:30 Jared came home because he was worried. He had left the kids with Susan (thanks Sue & Lane for taking the kids for us), so as soon as he was showered we headed for the hospital a little before 3:00 pm. I called a head to make sure my doctor was checked back in and to let them know I was on my way. We got to the hospital at 3:10 pm and got checked in, was in my bed at 3:20 pm and Roanie was born at 3:32 pm. That was pushing it! Although it worked in my favor, because I didn't have to labor in the hospital to long and in major pain to long. It was just the way I wanted it to go. It went perfect and Roanie is perfect in every way. She is an excellent eater and sleeper, she was sleeping through the night at 2 weeks old and everyone just loves her. All the kids love to hold her and kiss her all day long, specially MAGGIE!

These pictures were taken in the hospital within just an hour or two of when she was born!!








Here are a few from when we first got home. Mom came to stay a week and a half with me, which was such a big help, so there is one of Roanie and mom, one with dad, one of Roanie smiling and one of just her. There also is a picture of my mom holding two babies, my sister Shea had her little girl on June 7th and she was also 7 lbs. 10 oz. and was 21 inches long, they named her Sloane Elizabeth Smith. It is going to be so special for Roanie to have a cousin so close. Roanie and Sloane will be best friends.






Also me and mom took some pictures of Roanie when she was a week old. Although the best ones were taken with her Binky in!






I still have so much I need to blog about, Jared's B-Day, 4th of July, Horse Camp, The Butchering of our Chickens, etc., but that will have to come a different day. Hope all is well with you all. Love ya.

7 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the whole family in the hospital. What a cute family. I love the picture of Roanie holding the binky in her mouth.I need to get over and see you all. Roanie is changing so fast. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, how cute! Can't wait to see her in Montana next weekend....

    ReplyDelete
  3. How in the world do you look so cute after just having a baby!??

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look wonderful for just having a baby! JEALOUS! Congrats to the cute one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is very precious. Congrats on another girl too, now you are even. Tell everyone hello from me at the family reunion and sorry to Bret for never calling. Hope you guys have a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute pictures!! I love having the girls so close. It will be so much fun when they grow up.

    ReplyDelete

Our Six Children

Our Six Children