Also Virgil had a birthday, the big number "8". He received tons of stuff from his family and had a big dinner. I asked him what he wanted for his birthday dinner and this is what he said, BBQ ribs with twice baked potatoes, squash, salad and for the cake he wanted a white cake with homemade vanilla frosting with raspberry sherbet ice cream. I was thinking oh my goodness your only 8, what is the request going to be when he's 16 years old. But we did it anyways and he had a great day.
There are plenty of birthdays in January around here. Shadie also celebrated a Birthday, Jan. 16th she turned 4 years old. She loves having a special day just for her. Her dinner was a lot easier, just pork chops and rice. Grandma Marilyn was able to come over and have dinner with her. One of her favorite gifts was a bag that her Grandpa and Grandma Lane and Susan gave her, it is so cute. Pink with white pockadots and has her name embroidered on it. She loves it. She was so excited about all her gifts but I think this one was her favorite.
Ty also had a big month. He was selected at the top of is class to represent the 4th grade at the school Geographe Bee. He did really well and placed 16th out of 33 kids in both the 4th and 5th grades. He is so smart and is such a good boy. He also likes to check the cattle with the 6 wheeler, which we do a lot. Here is a picture with Virgil driving, Waylon in the middle, and Ty in the pasinger seat. Jared, Me, Shadie and Maggie where in the other 6 wheeler in front of them putting out mineral and salt for the cows. Ty also loves to Snowmobile every chance he gets. He loves the speed (I know, oh great) and loves the winter weather.
Ty is the 4th from the left in this picture.
Waylon has enjoyed the winter this year and loves to be out in the snow. He has found that if he ties a sled to the back of the feed wagon, he gets to have fun while also working. He loves to tube and snowmobile also and has learned to drive the 6 wheeler this winter also. I think he even drives faster then his two older brothers (even better) haha.
VIRGIL had another hugh day in January. On the 30th he was baptised a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was a great day. Jared baptized him and confirmed him and there was tons of family and friends there to suppot him. It was a great day. He recieved his very own set of scriputes with his name on them and a key to heaven, that was a gift from Grandma Marilyn that was a grandpa Dean tradition, and also a very unexspected gift from dad and mom. We announced that we were pregant and that the baby is due on June 30th, 2010. I'm a little over 5 months along and have had 2 ultrasounds and everything is just great. It was quite a suprise to everyone and most of all to JP and I. Although it caught us off gaurd, we are happy and excited to welcome this new little one into our family in June and can't wait to see if it is a boy or girl. All is well with us and hope it is with your families also. Until next post, love ya all.
Wow!!! All that in January, no wonder we couldn't get a girls night in or did we. I can't remember. I can't wait to find out if it's a girl or boy either. You guys kill me with the waiting game. ha ha Very exciting.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Amy. You have such a neat family. It reminds me of the way Zeb grew up. My husband, not my brother. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new little one! Wow what a busy January you had!
ReplyDeleteWow another little one?! Heavenly Father must know what a good mom you are so he keeps sending them!! Go Ty on the geo bowl! I was in the geo bowl 4th & 5th grade and I loved geography thats cool Ty is interested in it. Virgil is a Jared look-a-like seriously.
ReplyDeleteMy e-mail is jrasmussen84@yahoo.com, you should e-mail me so I have yours too. Bye for now.
Holy Moly! Congratulations Chica. You had one crazy January. Whenever I feel too busy I'm just going to take a quick peek at your blog and realize my cousin gets no rest or sleep!
ReplyDelete